Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Preparation Begun

I am a golf widow again this morning. I think it will be two mornings and all day Saturday this week and that is over the top from my point of view. I'm going to start demanding my rights....right.

So with every one out of the house...hallelujah.....I am doing some picking up and cleaning up....the throw rugs are in the washer and they will take two days to dry in this rainy weather but at least they will be dry by Sunday when about thirty people will be our guests for lunch. Kendra is making the bulk of the food and I'm just providing a clean house. Kendra tried the baptism gown on the baby and it fits so all is well. A friend of our family, made Kendra's wedding dress and used scraps from that dress some three years later to make Emerson's baptism dress. Kendra's brother John is baptizing the little doll baby and has written a song dedicated to her and all children of Christian parents which he will sing during the service. It will be a great day for us as we celebrate the mark of God given to Emerson. What a comfort that God works in families....that His faithfulness is from generation to generation.

Lauri and I had coffee together this morning and caught up on the last two days of our lives. When we don't talk for forty eight hours it feels strange. She claims she called my cell yesterday but I teased her that I didn't believe it because I had my cell in my pocket all day with the ringer ON. Who knows what happened?\

I'm going to get back to my cleaning. It feels so good to have things up to snuff. Once the cleaning bug bites, it begins to swell.

No comments: