Friday, May 16, 2008

Tis a beautiful spring day....low sixties...little wind and bright sunshine. My only regret is that it isn't at least ten degrees warmer. I am so ready to have temperatures that one can feel the warmth of the sun invade one's skin as one walks in the great out of doors. It's coming....at least that is what we know for sure.....the Word says there will be seedtime and harvest, summer and winter. He's never failed us yet, not even with "global warming" warnings.

Tonight we have our small group Bible study here. I'm busy getting ready since we always eat together prior to our study time. Eating together is a time to fellowship and draw closer to one another. On the carnal side, we like food.

I stopped at a Weight Watcher's meeting this morning hoping to get motivated to lose at least ten, maybe fifteen pounds. I know it would be best for my health and would also get me into the closets full of clothes I have that just don't fit over this rump any longer. Grrrrrrrr. The upshot of my visit is that I wasn't moved at all to join the group. I know stopping in and giving a brief overview of the meeting is not a fair evaluation. The vibs I got weren't attractive and noone looked as if they were pencil thin. When I heard what money they want for joining, I decided, I could use forty dollars a month in a better way than giving it to Weight Watchers. I could use self discipline and get some results. We will see what decisions I make about that little problem as time goes on. I certainly can't start a diet today........too much good food tonight. Ugh......

The last time we met as a group, we were reading a portion of Scripture where God warns us not make our stomach our god. It hit me between the eyeballs. One other lady in the group wouldn't eat the dessert after that reminder. Have I done anything about it? Not so much....I've thought a lot about it. If dreaming of being thin worked, I would be there. It is time for some action. Kendra says I eat wrong.......she thinks she has the answer for me but I don't like to make any commitments because that requries sacrifice. I'm just a big whimp right now. Keep at me, Kendra, I'll get there one day.

No comments: