Friday, May 30, 2008

VIP Me

I was the VIP for my five year old granddaughter today.  Roosevelt school's kindergarten invited each student to select a person to spend the afternoon with him/her.  I don't know exactly why I qualified but I did enjoy the day even though it was more physical than I expected.  To say I'm tired is an understatement but I'm not ashamed of that since ALL the other VIPs were MUCH younger than I and were totally worn out by day's end.  I was the only grandparent in attendance.  All the other students had an aunt, a parent, a neighbor, etc.  It was fun to watch all those adults interact with the kids.  When we arrived on the scene, Katie saw Cloe, her good friend.  From that moment on the four of us, the two girls, Cloe's aunt and I were a group.  Whatever Cloe wanted to do, Katie wanted to do.  I finally got tired of the follow the leader game we were playing and rather subtly forced some time for the two of us.  The stress level dropped considerably and we enjoyed the rest of the day together.  

 Cloe is an adopted Vietnamese daughter of a single gal.  Seeing them together is the light and dark of it.  Katie is a platinum blonde and Cloe is a beautiful dark haired Asian.  Salt and pepper.  A beautiful sight as they blew bubbles in the wind, threw frisbees, and played a bean bag game.

I'm tuckered.  Let me rest.

Tomorrow I'll down load pictures of Alex's graduation and Katie blowing bubbles.  I'm doing this on John's computer which is foreign to me.


No comments: