Sunday, June 1, 2008

Saturday the Thirty First

Visiting the campground where a few diehard Avion trailer owners convened was very interesting. We met about six couples. Some of them in their eighties, one couple approximately our age and another couple perhaps ten years younger. It was apparent they had developed a bond through the common ownership of an Avion trailer. When the eldest couple left, there were hugs and kisses all around and one could readily see, these people loved each other. That couple pulled away with a big vehicle and a forty foot Airstream. My oh my, would that we could be so confident in our eighties. Ken learned many things about the nuts and bolts of the trailers from the men in attendance. It was common to find then looking under the trailer, in tool boxes, etc. as they talked about what makes an old Avion tick.

We spent the better part of the morning there yesterday. Then we had several hours before the time of a wedding we were invited to attend. We had to figure out a way to use the time and I wish I could say we were successful but we frittered here and there and never seemed to be really at rest. I think I was most content when we were in Carson, Pirie, Scott and Co. I was home then even though it was not one I normally visit. I found a great pair of dress shoes on sale which my husband encouraged me to bring home with me. I obliged.

The wedding was precious. At sixty eight a piece, John and Jan made new vows in life. John's son was the pastor and made a few light comments which put everyone at ease including the bride and groom. As son John said, it isn't very common for a son to marry his father off.

When we arrived home near dark, I was spent. I climbed into my familiar bed shortly after and thought I felt too tired to fall asleep, but obviously, unknown to my conscious mind, I did fall asleep and woke about five this morning, refreshed and ready to go again. It occurs to me what a tremendous blessing sleep is and how miraculous it works to refresh body, mind and emotion. God is one great creator, eh?

This morning we will worship at a church where we attended forty years ago with our older and very small children. The first pastor of that church will be in attendance. It will be so good to see him and his wife again. We love them to this day yet our paths don't cross any longer anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice visiting with you this morning. So glad I am able to get into your blog. Sometimes I wonder about myself and other times I just know. Lol

It was good getting to see the pics again. Kendra and Craig's little Emerson is so adorable. Babies abound!

Thanks for the cute picture of the Killdeer nest. Remember when the birds used to make a nest over night right in the path of the oncoming tractor & aspargus picker. I also remember how Grandpa DH and Dad would so quickly make a detour around that nest. The bird would have a fit as we would come near her nest, but she must of also known the care these intruders took at avoiding her little home.

Have a great and joyfull Sunday!