Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend Plans

It's Wednesday and I have nothing heavy on my plate today. Worked out at Curves and had coffee with my friend of forty years, Bernice. Then picked up my meds from CVS and came home. The house is empty except for me. These moments are rare and I'm not complaining. When I look ahead at the rest of the week, I get tired before I start. Tomorrow morning I'll have a friend come for coffee after she brings her grandson to school so my day will start early. Rosa is going "home" to Puerto Rico for two months beginning on Saturday. I will miss her cheery face at church those two months. She is a delightful lady and gives me some fresh views on issues.

Tomorrow night is granddaughter Alex's eighth grade graduation. What a big deal for her and her classmates. I graduated from the same school and remember my graduation far more clearly than my highschool graduation. I loved De Motte Christian school......seven of our eight kids went there and now five of our grandchildren attend. It's a great place to develop an educational as well as spiritual foundation.

Friday, we are going to Michigan to another set of grandchildren. Katie, our first grader there is having a special day for grandparents so off we go. We will spend the night with them and leave early on Saturday morning to go to a camp ground in Michigan City, Indiana where they are having an Avion rally. Avion is the brandname of the travel trailer we bought and so we would like to visit those who have done their own restorations and get some tips if we can. Last Saturday, a church friend's father came to see our Avion. He has restored an Airstream and has years of trailer experience. He is also an artist and interior decorator so he was FULL of ideas. The nice thing was that his ideas are doable. We know exactly where we are going with this project now. Paint color is decided as well as flooring and formica. Can't wait until the husband gets the floor put in so we can get going on doing the things "Bill" suggested.

Saturday afternoon will find us at the wedding of one of Ken's friends. John lost his wife last year and has since found a lovely woman to marry. Since we sit in about the same place in church we visit with them both each Sunday. They are delightful and we are so honored to be invited to their wedding. John's son, John, is a pastor in Hammond Indiana so the wedding will be in son John's church with him officiating.

Sunday morning, Bethel church in De Motte, where we were charter members about forty years ago are celebrating that anniversary. The first pastor of the church, Merlin Buwalda and his wife and family were dearly loved and embraced. Merl and Carol will be there Sunday as Merl is preaching so we will go to Bethel on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon we will go to the Christian retirement home to participate in the little service there.

After we get home from that, we will take a deep breath and get in a nap. :)

No comments: