Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Monday

Tis another Monday and a gorgeous day. The storms are gone and the dry air has finally made it to northwest Indiana. I started my day at Curves and then brought granddaughter Alex to driver's education. On my way home I stopped at my friend, Bernice's for a bit of conversation. I had to get home to take Isaiah to DVBS where he will serve as a guide this week. When one is a seventh grader, one is now too big for DVBS...at least to attend as a student. I'm so pleased he will participate. Keeps him busy doing something productive and learn leadership skills at the same time.

He is delivered, all the tell tale signs of a family dinner are cleaned up and put away. The floor is mopped up once again and all stickiness is gone. The last load of laundry is in the dryer so I'm in good shape for a Monday morning at ten o'clock. Remember the days when ladies would compete to see who could get their clothes on the line first on a Monday morning? I certainly remember. I could always sense that there was a competition between my grandmother and my mother about who did the most the fastest. Actually the biggest competitor was my grandmother....my mother was more concerned about taking her time and doing it right the first time. I remember my mother getting a bit irked when Grandma would recall all she had already done of a morning....so if you are irked listening to my completed tasks......sorry...it's in my blood. :)

The stop at Bernice's this morning produced plans for a trip to Grand Rapids together. The first pastor and family of our church became good friends of some of us and we have kept up a relationship even though they have moved to Oregon, California and now Washington state. They happen to be in GR this week for the synod of our denomination. It would be nice to connect with them again so I think the plan is to leave early tomorrow morning and return on Wednesday sometime. A bonus will be attending a session of synod. The issues of discussion are always interesting to me but I have long ago given up worrying about them. I think God does a good job of taking care of His church and doesn't need my opinion. He is only interested in my acceptance of His opinion.

Bernice gave me a couple of books to read this morning. I read Angela's Ashes a couple weeks ago and it brought me down. I was so upset that Frank McCourt, the author, actually had to live the childhood he relates in that story. No child should have to live as he did. Bernice gave me a sequel....Tis......I don't think it will have the same effect on me because he will now be nineteen and out of his abusive parents care. Hopefully, I will enjoy it. The other book is about living in Holland during the second world war. That doesn't sound too pleasant either, uh?

No comments: