Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day 2008

Early wee hours of Sunday morning...the break of Father's Day 2008....well, I guess it is the middle of the night....between Saturday and Sunday. Woke up at the urging of my body and couldn't get back to sleep. Little dumb and insignifcant things on my mind...okay...some of them weren't insignificant. The stuff on my mind was computer work and correspondence over this or that matter. On one end was the insignificance of sending my friends a list of female dog names. Yes, they got a new puppy. She asked if I thought they were crazy????????? Well..I won't answer on the grounds I may be made a fool of later. Bernice has always wanted another Boston Terrier in life so now she has her. Bernice's comment to me last week was that the first thing she would do if anything happened to her husband is get a dog. I asked if she knew something we didn't. Horrible thought. The dog is a cute little thing....they grow up, though, you know. My experiences with dogs are not nearly as pleasant as hers, so go for it, my Friend. So the dog names are sent.

The other end of the spectrum was sending my cousin a list of details still needed for the geneology section of my grandfather's book which I have spoken of from time to time in this blog thing I do. I saw my cousin at a family graduation party last night so that sparked getting at this book once again. If only, if only, I would take the bull by the horns and get the THING finished. It is sooooo close. I must. This message has also been sent. One more thing off my list before morning. :) Stupid me.

Father's Day will bring Jennifer and Kip, Lauri and Elton and clan, and my dad and Mary for dinner. I think the sum total will be fourteen people. The menu is inch thick pork chops (Ken's specialty on the grill) and chuck burgers. He will also grill fresh peaches, yummmmm. Ken made some killer potato salad, I made broccoli/cauliflower salad, an edamane bean salad, and jello salad. There is cheesecake for dessert and of course, the sugar free trifle for my dad's sweet tooth. I haven't put that together yet because I don't want it to get real soggy....maybe I can do that little task before I go off to bed again.

Having all these things off my mind will make for a restful morning....I hope. Good night all....or is it good morning?

No comments: