Saturday, June 14, 2008

And The Beat Goes On

And the beat goes on.....yesterday, I mowed the lawn while Ken painted in Peggy Sue. When I got out of the shower having washed the topsoil off my body and out of my hair, my former work mate, Anna, called. She was at a local nursery looking at plants and thought of me. I told her to come on over and we would find some things I could share with her. Several trips to her car later, she had hostas, stella doros, red hot pokers, and stuff I don't even know the names of. I think the lady will have her work cut out for her today and I also know she is a whole lot richer for coming where the sharing is without cost.

Last night, Cassie, a nurse friend (ala seamstress) from church, was going to accompany me to Joann Fabrics to pick up some fabric for Peggy Sue. When Lauri and I shopped earlier this week, we picked out two coordinating fabrics. We asked them to hold them while we did our homework. Cassie got detained at work so didn't get here till seven thirty....too late to go to Merrillville and get fabric. Instead she sat with pencil and paper and figured out yardage for cushion covers and curtains. It's going to look very cool but it will take some hot dollars. I lay in bed around two this morning worrying about the cost of everything I have to buy just today....considering the economy....our retired status.....pretty soon I had my self in a ridiculous state until I remembered and comforted myself with that God is in control.

So......this morning, I will be at Joann Fabrics when they open their doors. Unfortunately, one store doesn't have enough yardage so I'll have to get to two of them. The whole thing makes me a bit edgy. I will be happy to have the stuff in my hand. It's not like one can return fabric. Ugh. God have mercy

UPDATE.................knew you couldn't wait to see how the Joann Fabric trip went. Scarlen agreed to accompany me on this wild trip. That took sacrifice on her part because ordinarily on a Saturday when she doesn't have to work she sleeps in far later than my take off time. She got up without a complaint and had no other agenda but mine this morning. We had an enjoyable time just riding in the car together and chatting informally...remembering good and bad times in life and just confirming our love for each other. This bond was a long time in coming. Scarlen joined us physcially at seven years old but, emotionally?......well.......just how long ago was it? Not terribly but it is so good now....To actually spend time together and not worry about saying the wrong thing or moving my eyes the wrong way...hey, this is a taste of heaven. She has always been my precious daughter but now she is my precious daughter, if you know what I mean. Somethings are just worth fighting for....waiting for.....and praying for.

Sorry about diverting the subject....back to the fabric at hand....we went to two Joann's stores. Got all but six yards of the one style. Kendra has a big Joann's across the street from where she lives so she is going to attempt to get the six yards there this afternoon. If that doesn't work....I will have to order the lacking yardage. The great thing is that the God care I thought about in the middle of the night became a reality as I was given all the 40% off coupons I needed and they didn't even bug me about the one coupon per customer rule. That saved me mega bucks and I feel blessed and relieved.

I won't totally relax until I know that I can get the needed yards but I'm sure now that it will all work out. On to two graduation parties this afternoon....won't have to cook dinner today. Yippy skippy.

No comments: