Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day Preparation

This morning, Lauri and I are going to Merrillville to shop for Father's Day dinner. I looked the ads over and haven't made a decision....if I pick up a steak...it is five bucks or more...that is only one....if I compare that to a gallon of gasoline, which would I pick? I would pick the gallon of gas, hands down. But, don't know about the chief. Then there is also my husband....which would he pick? Oh, you ask who the chief is? That is my father. After all, it is his day in my book. My kids can honor their dad...Oh, yes, I'll honor my husband too.
I have a couple of salads in mind and also a sugar free trifle. My dad is a borderline diabetic and his dear wife watches him like a hawk. That is why he stays so trim. He is also a sweet tooth and each time he is here and there is a dessert served which he can't eat, he kind of pouts. He makes me feel so guilty so I'll make sure there is dessert to please everyone.

On Mother's Day our pastor preached a sermon mainly to the husbands and children. He gave scriptural instruction on God's design for a good husband and good children. Our daughter, Jennifer, and her fiance, who live in Chicago, were in church and Jennifer ate that sermon up. She hasn't let Kip hear the end of it. She called yesterday and said they were coming for Father's Day to hear the sequel. Her fiance says he is looking forward to hearing about how the wife should treat the husband. It is all in good fun but makes my tummy chuckle.

Note the slideshow of my garden foliage I put on last night.

No comments: