Sunday, July 13, 2008

Boy, were we crabby yesterday. Neither Ken or I can handle those late nights anymore. I found Ken extremely hard to live with yesterday. Finally, I went to bed to get out of his way. I slept a couple of hours and he caught an hour nap in his recliner. We both woke up in a better humor. After a light supper, I asked if he was going to bed early and he said he wasn't and that he felt much better. We talked of the possibility of having some friends in to play cards and that is what we did. We tried our best to learn Mexican train. After we played several hands we think we got the gist of it. Our friends left a little after ten and we both headed for bed. This morning, we are both new people....normally I am the first out of bed but I actually slept until after seven this morning.

So....it is to church this morning. Our associate pastor left for greener pastures in California this week. We will really miss him and his family. Our other pastor is on vacation so we are pastorless this morning. Feels rather strange. One of our former elders who is great at speaking is preaching this morning. I'm eager to hear him. He is a guy that was raised in the Catholic church and met a CRC girl and the rest is history. What a wonderful addition to our church they are.

No big plans for today. A restful Sunday, perhaps.

Only three days til Wednesday when we leave for Phoenix. We both love traveling by car and look forward to the trip.

No comments: