Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cubbies Bad Night

Well you probably saw the sports page this morning.....D-Backs beat the Cubbies bad. It was almost embarrassing. When we lose on our home turf it is just routine but when one attends as a visitor and routs for the opposing team....and wears Cub shirts and hats.....you get the picture. We weren't the only Cubs fans attending. I was amazed. One can tell there are many transplants here.


Yesterday, Kendra asked if we would consider moving here if several of our family's families would move here. As long as my father is alive, I do not feel free to move away from him. I consider my daughterly responsibility above moving. The man is so fiercely independent he acts like he doesn't need me but then one never knows what is ahead and I want to be near him if ever I am needed. Saying all that, I must admit tht I love the weather here. Yes, even in the summer.

This morning my disappointed Cub fan husband is taking out his sorrows on a game of golf with grandson, Aidan. They got a "cool" tee time of eight o'clock. The only problem I have when he takes off and leaves me is that I am without wheels. When he gets home, I am taking off by myself for awhile. I've been in the constant presence of family members for over a week now. Time to get alone and regroup. Isaiah opted for staying at home and sleeping in. I can't blame him....he has no experience in golf and doesn't find it enjoyable especially when those around him are experienced. So, it is Isaiah and me keeping the home fires alive here at the moment. It is good for both boys to have an alone time and especially good for Aidan to have his gpa all alone. Isaiah gets gpa on a daily basis. I think it has come to his awareness that he is pretty fortunate and there are other grandchildren that would like to see us more. It's become a good humored competition between these two boys. First it started with "She is my grandma...no she is mine" and now is "Gram-gram loves me more...no,she loves me more" and on and on it goes. I told them they were talking smack and to stop it but it continues.

No comments: