Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Morning After Arrival

It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for one. Because our bio clock is set to Central Time, we have been up since before six. I've had a swim in the warm water of their pool and together we have been sitting on their patio drinking coffee and just plain vegging out while we watch the colorful hot air balloon slowly float over head. Everyone else is still on their ear....it is Saturday....perfect timing to arrive here as they all have two days off from work and can enjoy relaxing and visiting. We enjoyed many good laughs rogether last evening and reminisced good times and those not so good. It's amazing how reminiscing can bring instant tears or instant laughter. We did both. That time with those we love was worth the trip.

I5 is so interesting to see how the traits of parents are passed onto their kids. Last evening, Don expressed how much daughter Whitney is like him. We chuckled a bit because we know it is true. Then Sherri said son Aidan is more like her. Also true. As Sherri showed me pics of their recent motorcycle trip to Colorado...a smile broke over my face as I realized that the things she thought had value for lasting memories were things that I also value in my picture taking. Wild flowers....I take a pic of every wild flower I see. So does she. Churches....yep...both of us take shots of churches. Sherri hasn't lived around me for twenty five years but I guess the genetic influence carries on.

Don has been cycling (bicycle) to work fourteen miles each way each day. The guy is a bit crazy says I. Yesterday Aidan joined him. Amazing to me...I can't imagine riding a bike for fourteen miles let alone the return trip. Last Saturday morning the family biked to Denny's seven miles away. They suggested they had three extra bikes for the same trip this morning. Thanks,but no thanks...you bike, we will drive.

Sherri and Don will be married twenty five years on August 13. Can't believe it. I remember when my parents celebrated their twenty fifth. Seems like yesterday....then there was ours and now our eldest's. Time waits for noone. What to do? Praise God for the blessings of marriages that last and go on in faith for the future.

No comments: