Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Morning in Phoenix 2

Sunday morning and all are getting ready for worship. The son in law had bacon and eggs ready for us when we walked in from our morning sit on the patio. Tough life, uh? This could be our last day here. It seems like it is time to go though we would stay longer if we could. Too many people involved in our lives to just stay.....we have had a wonderful time here and enjoyed the weather tremendously. There was one day that it was hot enough for us to stay indoors but the rest of the time, we soaked in the rays and enjoyed the pool. I haven't swam every day for many years.....it was delightful....especially those dips under the stars. I will miss it.

Yesterday, we made a road trip up in the north part of the state. We visited Wickenburg, Yarnell, Prescott, Prescott Valley and Jerome. Yarnell is the site of St. Joseph's Shrine. The stations of the cross are built into the side of the mountain culminating with the crucifixtion at the top. It was built in l934. It was dedicated to WW1 vets and then later after the war, the WW2 vets were added. It was moving.

We took a look at two Airstreams on our way. Interesting. We learned much through that experience. One thing I learned is that I do not want a 31 foot trailer. I'm not into driving a semi. Give me something smaller. BUT, I will say the thing was very spacious and I could even invision entertaining in that thing. That is not an option in our little 19 foot Avion. Any entertaining would need to be under the awning in the great out of doors. Can't wait to get home to get that little puppy finished.

Jerome was delightful as usual. I especially enjoyed the shops that sold works of art rather than junk from China. We ran across a shop that specialized in kaleidoscopes. They got me. (Kendra, the lady knew all about photographing with them and taught me soooooo much, can't wait to share with you). I came away with much more knowledge than when I walked in the door. I will always remember that salesperson.....she knew her stuff and did not push her product but offered it with enthusiasm and proved its capabilities.

We ate in a lovely place called Gurley Grill in Prescott. They had the best sweet potato fries. Ymmmmmmmmm. There was a street festival going on and we happened to catch a old west street fight. Fun.

Twas a delightful day.

No comments: