Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Motels..........

Second day of travel today....headed home....it will be good but I can't say I'm dying to get there. We are on the west end of Amarillo, Texas. We stopped about nine thirty last night. The motel is lacking and I'm kind of grossed out but trying not to let the man of my house think I'm grossed out. He has already suspected it but I really am trying to be a good girl and not a spoiled snob. All the other motels we stayed in were nice......not fancy but nice....clean and had towels that had some beef to them. I decided not to wash my hair this morning because that piece of limp turkish cloth couldn't have dried my body as well as my hair. I keep telling myself this is only for a few hours. Sle.pt on my own pillow, wrapped my own afghan around me and walked with shoes every time I got out of bed. The man of the house calls me paranoid. So be it.

I remember the way my mother was when looking for a motel. We traveled often as a family when I was a kid. When we pulled up to take a motel for the night,
Mom would get out and tell the proprietors that she wanted a look at the room. If it met her standard, we stayed, if it didn't, we were on the road again. So you wonder where I get my motel/hotel snobbery? Tree/apple My dad put up with my mother's testiness over a place to lay her head. My husband has no patience for putting up with my feelings over this issue. As long as the place isn't totally gross, he doesn't mind. He also doesn't notice, water stained box springs, stains on towels and wash cloths, mold between the tile around the bathroom and hair lying on the bathroom floor. YUKKKKKKKK.

So, as with all other adventures in life.....not everything can be perfect. It has been almost perfect...just not quite. Happy trails.....

No comments: