Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two of my great friends have given me bird houses in the shape of a Shasta vintage trailer. Both were so excited to present the cutie to us. I felt really bad when the second one said, "Do you have one of these?" I had to admit I had. She was disappointed. I didn't blame her. I was disapponted for her. Today I found this cutie of all cuties on the net. Our very own Peggy Sue in birdhouse form. The net says only one remains available. We will wait until later to buy one but I sure am delighted to use her on the header of my blog. We have been talking Airstreams and Avions a lot here. Don and Sherri have been biten by the bug. We found what seems like a good deal down in Mesa. The thought has danced over the computer screen of our minds to buy it, restore it and sell it.....hopefully for a profit. We may look at it on Friday when we go back to Mexico. When gas was two bucks a gallon we would have just taken another road trip...amazing how the price of gas has given us caution...oh.....FYI.....gas in Mexico is over three dollars but not as high as here, BUT, diesel is 2.25. Eat your heart out, truckers.

As I cruised the net this morning I came across a site called Sisters on the Fly. They are a group of over one hundred and fifty women who have vintage trailers and travel in groups around the country. Looked like a blast....and the trailers are oh so cute.

So much for living in my own little dream world of by gone Americana. I had an awesome traveling childhood. My dad owned a couple of Airstreams through out the years and also an Avion. We kind of chuckle now that we say we camped as kids, but we camped in style. Dad was like that....age has changed him into a much more comservative man but in his heydey he enjoyed some toys in life. Because of that, we his children, benefited. . He and my mother exposed us to most of the US. I have always cherished that and have enjoyed it for years in my memory. I almost knew my way to Yellowstone without a map. My dad loved the west. As a result, I do too, and because I do, my husband does as well. I truly savor these moments, past and present. God is truly an amazing Creator and Preserver.

No comments: