Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It is Almost Passed

It is very quiet here presently. One adult is downstairs doing homework and all the rest are out of the house. One would think I'm getting a lot accomplished but .....nada. Not yet anyway. My only claim to accomplishment is that the sheets to our bed been have washed. Hopefully, all the shingles germs are out of them now. My lesion is still there but it is dried and looks much better. I have a bit of itching but most is gone. There are better days ahead.

When I get sick, I can never figure out that I am sick. I wonder why I'm exhausted and why I feel like doing nothing. Then when I begin to feel better, it hits me. Now I know why I felt so punk. Same scenario this time. I'm feeling better now so I can see that I didn't feel at all good last week. Thank God for the return of better health and a prayer for full strength to return.

I spoke with a friend this morning and when I told her I had been afflicted with shingles, she said, "You and everyone else". That was an unexpected response and then she told me one of her good friends had them, a sister-in-law had them and her father had them. What, is there an epidemic? Wouldn't we love to know all the reasons to these things?

One of the things I always remind myself of when in a situation I don't like or is uncomfortable is this phrase, "This, too, shall pass!" It is so true, isn't it? Everything passes......in time. In the mean time, God's grace is sufficient.

No comments: