Thursday, September 11, 2008

From My Chair in the Living Room

Having a bit of a meltdown right now. Was searching for my Word documents on this machine and couldn't find them. I asked our in house expert, Lynette. Nope Mom, there aren't any there. WHAT??????? You know we had Jay work on our computer last week and got the bugs out of it......did the documents some how get lost too? I have a call in to him and will wait to see if he can tell me if he hid them somewhere. The only thing I absolutely can't bear to think is that all the genealogy information for my grandfather's book is gone. I think I would pull out my hair. Getting that info was a long and tedious operation and one I will not do again. If it is gone....it is gone. I'll publish the book without it. UGH.

Today, I made both beds upstairs. That is an improvement over the last week. I have had a tough time putting one foot in front of the other. I feel a bit more energy today so hopefully that is a good sign. My chest still hurts at the site of my lesion but the lesion is going away. I'm thankful they weren't worse. Having had these buggers before I know that it will hurt from time to time for a long time.

I have a big afternoon planned. Whoopie. I will go with Lauri to take granddaughter Syd to the orthodontist. Then a three o'clock hair cut and then Syd's volleyball game. Isaiah has a soccer game, too. Normally, I whip through busier days than this with ease but now it is an effort. One doesn't know the blessing of good health until one is sick. That is when one realizes God's tremendous blessing of health and strength. I praise Him for it and ask for its swift return.

Hopefully, I will be inspired with greater things in the future. For right now, I realize that it is rather humdrum. Sorry to bore you. The good and the not so good in life.

No comments: