Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Sarah Palin's Night...Shut Up and Listen

Tonight Sarah Palin will reveal herself to the nation. I can't imagine the apprehension in her heart today. Every talk show on the sound waves has been sharing opinions about her experience or lack there of, her mothering abilities or lack thereof. The black mark on her mothering is her seventeen year old daughter's untimely pregnancy. This morning I watched the view. Whoppi Goldberg, Joy, Elizabeth and Barbara Walters. Poor Elizabeth is a lone conservative voice on the show. It seems the producers could find someone to make the philosophies more balanced. It was interesting to me that the three who are asking the most questions as to how Sarah Palin will pull off the tremendous responsibility of her possible office along side the family responsibilities are the three that each have one child, each have had more than one marriage and each has been a working woman all their lives. Each of them is a "women's libber" if you will. Suddenly, their hearts have been turned to the family and they are wondering about the wisdom of Sarah Palin leaving five children in the care of their father while she goes off to serve her country. The three women in question are all older than Sarah Palin and their children are now mature adults. Perhaps there is some regret leaking out....I don't know....just thought the whole conversation was extremely interesting.

I think Elizabeth made a good point when she brought out that other presidents and candidates were parents of children that made unwise choices. Somehow, the Kennedy's have survived enumerable run ins with the law and other fax pauxs by their offspring.....yet they continue to be revered by many in our country as being an upstanding family.

I agree that Sarah Palin's family responsibilities are huge. Five children is not an hour a day job. I also know that the people that need to be making the judgments here are Sarah and her husband. I, too, wonder how that family will function without the presence of their mother. But, I believe that the family has made the adjustments necessary already in terms of the fact that she has been a governor for two years and has had a pregnancy in the middle of it. Quite a feat.....

With what we know about Sarah Palin now, she is an incredible woman. I still say, I like her belief system......I see her as wholesome.....not perfect.....but striving. I look forward to knowing more about her. Hopefully, we will know more about her tonight. My advice to The View and others that know little more than I do about this person, "Shut up and listen".

May God be in control over her speech tonight, grant her the words to say and protect her from the monsters that would want to undo her on many counts.

No comments: