Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spoiled....Both of Us

Today saw the beginning of our Women in the Word group at church. It was good to see some of the gals that I haven't seen all summer long. It felt good to be back at it. This season we are studying the Tabernacle and God's pursuit of us. I look forward to learning more about putting together the story from Genesis to Revelations.

Yesterday, I had my first day at school. I got a call early in the morning requesting a sub for the art teacher at the intermediate school. There are fourth, fifth and sixth graders at that school. I was a big surprise for three kids from my church. They were so cute when they walked into the room. The first reaction was a gasp, big smile and then a hug. Pretty sweet.

I couldn't believe how exhausted I was at the end of the day. I wanted to do nothing but lay in my recliner. I'm not quite sure what all the fatigue was about. (Still some issues with that nasty shingles virus I'm thinking) I enjoyed the day but having 25 kids every forty minutes throughout the entire day except for a half an hour was a bit of a stretch. I am used to older kids so perhaps that was the difference. I am glad I didn't have to teach today and rather hope no one calls tomorrow either. I am sorry to have to confess that I'm very much used to having my days all to myself. So spoiled I am. I think I like retirement.

Ken had a busy day today....first he worked hard at golf and then he had to hurry to get to Portage to catch the train on which John and some guys from his church were on as they headed to Wrigley Field. We have to weave our way through the country right now to get around all the closed roads due to flooding. I don't know if there were issues with that or if he was just late but he missed the train. He hurried to Gary but missed the train the guys were on there too so he took a later train and caught up with them at the park. I'm watching the game as I'm writing this and I know my husband isn't happy at the moment. The Cubs are losing at present. Hopefully, they will pull this one out and win it.

No comments: