Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Busy Day

Another busy day. This morning De Motte woke up to a covering of snow. My dear friend, Bernice, who spends and has spent her winters in the south for many years called with the expected as she gushed, "Gayle, isn't it beautiful?" I honestly responded, "No, it is ugly." This little conversation is repeated each year and always invokes a chuckle from my friend. She doesn't seem to understand that I have to live with snow now for several months. I can't deny that a covering of snow is temporarily beautiful but it is only hours before it turns to yuck. Snow causes complexity to our lives. We travel less safely, we walk to our cars less safely. Our feet are always and forever wet and cold. School is delayed two hours as happened this morning. No Bernice, I see nothing beautiful about snow. Again I say, I wouldn't complain if I didn't see it again this year. So, take your pictures of the pine trees hanging with the white stuff and then say good bye to it for the rest of winter. Oh, how I wish.

My new friend, Jan and I spent an hour and a half studying the Word this morning. Oh, I can't forget that we spent some of that time sharing. She is a beautiful human being and we are so blessed to have her in our fellowship. I might say that John is mighty blessed to have her as his wife as well. It is a love story that makes one's heart warm. Both John and Jan are in their late sixties. Both lost their first spouses to cancer. Now they are enjoying a second love in their lives. It is a beautiful thing.

This afternoon I had my six month cardiologist appointment. Those things pretty much undo me but I am getting better about them. I really like the cardiologist I have now. He is young and nice to look at. He also has a wonderful caring manner. He laughs at me and pats me on the shoulder. I like that kind of relationship with my doctor. Today he told me he speeded me up a bit ( I have a defibrillator) and also downloaded some new program into me. Call me a bionic woman. I shared with him that I have joined Curves. (Haven't been there for three weeks now...life has been hectic) He asked me what I did there and I told him I worked on the machines. About that time he was gleaning the readings off my defib on paper with lines and graph a mile long. He asked when I started Curves. I told him it was in the spring. Then he showed me that my arythmia had been fairly constant and in May it totally ceased. That is a really good thing. I looked at him and said, "So are you saying it is helping me?" Yes, it is helping you. I said I'll be there tomorrow morning. That was one of the times he laughed and patted my shoulder.

When I got back in the area I spent some time with our young worship director at church. We made some exciting plans for the praise and worship time at the women's retreat. This year will be his first experience with the retreat. He will be our token male. He asked if he had to dress like a woman and I told him we would let him come dressed as a man. It feels so good to get all these details nailed down early.

So, tonight, I thank the Healer for my blessings. He is truly a compassionate Lord.

No comments: