Monday, November 17, 2008

Gone and Home Again

Home...
I left after lunch yesterday to head to the east part of the state to bolster some friends who are going through a rough time. It was a heavy day today and I'm exhausted. I pray the spirit of the living God will fall fresh upon them and encourage them. I, as a human, can do nothing more than to point them to Him and remind them of His truths. These are very tough times for many people. Pray that children of God will be drawn closer to Him and not run from Him during the challenges these uncertain times have brought to so many. It seems to me that we as American Christians are often whimpy when it comes to suffering through tough times. We quickly point our finger at God and say, "What point is there in following you.....see what we get?" I'm not suggesting that was my friends' reaction....I simply see that weakness in myself and many others. We are so used to life in the easy lane.

We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. My friends live on a lake and the snow on the lake shore and trees and shrubs was gorgeous. I'm not saying that I stood and rejoiced at the snow. Quite frankly, it would be just fine with me if I didn't experience snow all winter. Let it just be said that both my husband and I are looking forward to heading for the southwest and sunny dry skies. It can't come too soon.

My drive home along the Indiana toll road was a mixed bag. Some of the trip was on dry roads, some on wet roads and some on snow covered roads. Twice the snow came down in the form of sleet and bounced with sound effects off my windshield. Once off the toll road I followed route 2 through Valparaiso and Hebron. A car ahead of me slowed down and I saw a very large deer walk past the front of that car. It was on that road several years ago that I hit a deer and messed up my vehicle badly. I was relieved that a mate or friend didn't follow that one in front of me tonight.

Isaiah just got home from a basketball game and came up behind me sitting here at the computer desk. "What you doing, Gram?" Just writing. "Have you written anything about me recently?" I told him, I would write that he asked. At least some folks like that they get mentioned from time to time. :)

No comments: