Sunday, November 16, 2008

Healthy Diets

Sunday....
We went to early church as usual. Heard a couple of moving testimonies this morning from fellow church members. It is encouraging to hear of God's provision, solution and care from another human heart. Wish you all could have been there. :) Hopefully, you worshiped with your church family this morning and were fed.

I'm not used to getting home from church so early. It used to be that we didn't get home until after twelve o'clock. That was when we had only one service. Now that there are two, we find ourselves getting used to another schedule. There is something nice about getting home an hour or more earlier. It gives a few moments to come down.

Ken is making us some fried potatoes (which I will have to pass on) and then some fried eggs. I am trying very hard to eat healthy again. I am more than tired of this little malady after another little malady and recall that when I was absolutely religious about what I ate and didn't eat....I rarely got sick. I felt better all the way around. I'm finally to the point once again that I can look at something full of sugar as the enemy. Eating healthy is totally anticultural. It goes against everything we do as couples and friends. Even church meetings offer us delectible morsels that offer us empty nutrition and empty calories. I can see a spiritual side to all this. We have the same thing in our spiritual diet. We are fed junk in all our media and sometimes choose to fill ourselves with that instead of with the nutritional food we get from the Word and all activities that are based on that Word. How many books, magazines, movies, TV programs do we allow inside our temples that corrupt rather than purify? I think that is something for us to think about today.

Choose wisely. Ask for grace to eat healthy.......both physically and spiritually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!