Monday, November 24, 2008

God Moves in Mysterious Ways His Wonders to Perform

My heart sings today. Oh, it sings most days but today it sings big. I can't really share the particulars with you but I have seen God move in mighty ways the last few days. I want to publicly thank Him for His faithfulness in hearing and answering prayer and for giving His people hope when there appears to be no hope. God has answered my prayers fairly clearly lately and I wonder what it is about me that He even cocks an ear. The truth of the matter is that there is nothing about me that cocks His ear.......it is all about His compassion and love for me that He cares and acts on my behalf and on the behalf of those for whom I pray. The Spirit of the living God is alive and moving among His people. Tis awesome.

Saturday night we went to see Fireproof with some friends. Sunday we went to see Fireproof with some friends. Tonight I will see Fireproof with a friend. I hear you asking why I like the movie that much. Well, if truth were known, I don't like movies and rarely warm a theater seat. There isn't much out there that will fill a soul with anything good so I stay away. One of my newer friends from church told me I had to see it. I chuckled because the last time someone told me about a movie I "had" to see, it was the movie Titanic. I went (actually with the same friends that accompanied us on Sat night). When I got out of the theater I was emotionally spent and exhausted. I really didn't need to see Titanic. Well, something kept saying....you need to get there and view that movie. So Sat night came. I sat in utter amazement at the hand print of the Spirit of God all over that movie. It was nothing short of God ordained. As Ken and I sat there, different people came to mind whose lives could be made better if God would use this tool in their lives. That would explain my seeing the movie thrice as of today. Bringing people I love to the exposure is only planting the seed but, Oh Dear God, move in the lives of hurting people through that movie. And God bless all those involved in making such an awesome piece of media available to a hurting and broken society. I'm pumped, can you tell?

And just when I had decided there isn't much good that happens anymore in our broken society. My bad.

No comments: