Thursday, November 13, 2008

Overwhelmed In More Than One Area

Three months away and its already keeping me awake at night. Perhaps I'm getting too old for it. Everywhere I go, ladies talk to me about the anticipation. The pressure is on. Last night I lay awake about three hours struggling and praying about different aspects of the annual women's retreat that our church hostesses. When sleep totally slipped my grasp, I got up, wrote all the things down that were bothering me, lifted it to the Father and then went back to bed. Finally. When I awoke this morning, I could feel the lack of complete rest. Perhaps I can slip a nap in sometime today to make up for it. Why do those things plague us at night?

I got a bit overwhelmed with the cares of this world yesterday. (Maybe that had something to do with my lack of sleep, too) A dear friend called yesterday morning with desperate need. So much going on in her life that she can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. My heart ached for her and her family. I certainly don't want to be one of Job's friends so I will not speculate on what may be holding back blessing. We prayed together (a place she hasn't gone lately) and assured her of my continual prayers as well. We as people of God could be kept busy 24/7 just interceding on behalf of those we know who are needy.

In the afternoon, a young beauty shed deep tears as she shared her pain with me. I wanted to gather her up and take her home to protect and love her. I can do nothing about the concerns of either of these dear children of God. But God can. I trust that He will.

I am brought to thoughts of a counselor friend of ours who listens to the woes, disappointments and concerns of people each and every day. Most of those people are God's people. I have told our friend I don't know how he does it. He assures me that it is the grace of God. I believe it. No other way could be productive.

I'm back to feeling wealthy. You know....the kind of wealth I talked about a few days ago. When one has satisfying relationships, good health and a contented spirit....one enjoys wealth. Oh Lord, we intercede on behalf of these two daughters of yours and all others of your people that struggle. Bless them with the true wealth of knowing they belong to you and that you WILL provide them with all that is necessary for a life abundant.

P.S. I went to Merrillville yesterday.....just to go. I had a couple of things I wanted to look at. Nothing even looked tempting. With all that we are going through as a nation, my desires have certainly been adjusted. No material thing is very important to me right now. There are many other valuable issues that take preeminence.

No comments: