Saturday, November 1, 2008

Stopping to Do the Mundane

The quote of the week for me came from a man I consider very wise. In answer to my question, "What is your take on why our society is so taken with the likes of Obama?" His answer was.......are you ready for this???? "Because he speaks to man's greed!" Hmmmm. I had to chew on that one for awhile. It seems that in this difficult economic time, the majority of the population would recognize that the power of money has paled. However, it seems to have intensified it for a great many. This coming week will tell a lot about us. If the political campaign has done anything for me, it would be that it has convinced me of the foreboding path on which we are treading. Frightening......perhaps not for me but certainly for my children and grand children. God have mercy.

The weather has been glorious. Perfect for cleaning the yard and washing windows. No, that isn't what I have been doing. Going out with friends is where I have spent the last couple beautiful days. There is something wonderful about that and the time spent is so worthwhile. However, it doesn't get the mundane accomplished and there is a need here for that right now. I only have a few hours to work on that because.......

Today, one of my Grand Rapids cousins and his wife are coming to help complete the book we are publishing which I have referred to many times in this blog. This is the culmination of over five years of work. Obviously, it wasn't work I did every day but it was on my mind every day and I am so eager to get it off to the publisher and out of my mind. The only thing I still need is a title. No big deal, right? Ugh. I've thought of so many possibilities but nothing has really tripped my trigger yet. One of my friends and I stopped at Barnes and Nobles last evening to simply look at titles. That was in hopes of sparking something wonderful. Not yet. One of my tasks this morning is to sit at this machine and bring up a Word document and write as many titles as possible and see what happens. I know God will spring a grand idea to me soonnnnnnn.......

Have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy the beauty of fall. BTW, my daughter's family from Phoenix is coming next weekend....they would like to see some fall color so could you all hold your breath so things don't change between now and then??

1 comment:

Hoosier Mama 7 said...

What mysterious book is this you mention?