Sunday, November 2, 2008

Spirit Trained Eyes is Finished!

Isaiah got up and flew into the kitchen to view the clock. The time change had confused him (and many others, I'm sure). When we flushed out the present time and what his responsibilities were this morning, panic set in and he rushed to get a shower and be at church at seven thirty for praise team practice. No breakfast this morning for him. It thrills my soul to see my grandchildren taking their place in assisting God's people's worship of the one true God. I know of at least four of our grands that are members of praise teams presently. It is God's grace in his covenant from one generation to the next. When I think of how important worship and praise was to my grandfather.....my father......me and now my kin....I kneel in thanksgiving. Having worked on "The Book" yesterday, I was reminded again of the kind of man my grandfather was. I so wish he had lived to be an old man but the Lord took him home at fifty nine years young.

"The Book" now has a real name. God did bring us a good one, I think. Nancy and I were reading the last paragraph of his story...he talks about having Spirit trained eyes to see the frontiers God offers to us. "Spirit Trained Eyes; A Western Adventure". That was it. I had written at least a dozen possible titles and nothing seemed to ring like the one we finally settled upon. I think it is one my grandfather would approve and also one that God approves.

Spirit Trained Eyes is FINISHED! We are in process of uploading it to the publisher. Paul and Nan stayed until nine o'clock last evening ) (even though they had a three and a half hour drive home) as we attempted to hurry up the computer by watching it. You know a pot never boils when watched and a computer doesn't finish uploading while being watched, either. The book is long and has many pictures so the upload took longer than expected. Nan's father has published a few books with the same company we are using so she took all my info with her in the event that she will need to finish the process from her end with her father's help. We will see. At any rate, I would expect that our responsibilities will be totally complete by the end of tomorrow and then we will wait for a proof copy. It is truly exciting at this point. Twenty years ago, publishing a book would have been a blur on my radar screen and now it is happening. Could be the beginning of more to come. Who knows what God has in store. I'm grateful to all those that prodded me on. When the task got too heavy and the mountain seemed too large to cross, God always had someone there to spur me on.

No comments: