Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wealth or Money, Which is It

Tuesday morning.....I amused myself this morning thinking about how different my life is than most of my peers. It is not better nor worse....just different. Last evening I found myself helping a twelve year old boy make a poster about King Zedekiah of Judah. Isaiah had all the info gathered but then there was the practical stuff we had to find to complete the project. Scissors, glue stick etc. We rejoiced over finding a glue stick and then were disappointed because it had become rubber cement from non use. We tried the little sticky squares used in scrapbooking and while they worked for plain paper they seemed too weak to handle the poster board. We resorted to Elmers glue. Of course that brings with it its own challenges.....too much makes the paper and the poster board wet and then the thing ripples. We finally got it together, found some wax paper to place over the poster and laid heavy books on it. This morning the poster was dried and flat. Eureka!

So when morning came, Isaiah asked if I would check his homework so I sat with transitive and intransitive verbs and direct objects. English is not my challenge but then it was his math work that needed checking.....Grandpa got into the act and between the two of us I think we managed to realize Isaiah had done 98 percent of the work correctly. Oh the joys of being a young mom with a bunch of school kids. If you are one of those, I for one retired person, have not forgotten the stress of homework. I live with it on a daily basis, too. I don't have to nag for him to do it, just check it to make sure he understood the process. I guess if I had to admit it, it is an honor that he comes to us.

I turned the Today show on for about five minutes this morning. That is about all I can stand of those talk shows these days BUT.....there was a guy on there that had written a fiction book about the life of Jesus from the day he was in the temple teaching the priests until the time we see him with John the Baptist. I haven't checked this guy out yet and don't know if he is a saved person or not but he talked about the difference between wealth and money. Wealth is being satisfied, having great relationships, good health, etc. Money is something one never has enough of to buy stuff to impress people one doesn't like. I kind of liked his take on that difference. If I judge our situation by the later.......we could be considered on the upside of the downside. However, if wealth is what he says it is and I believe it is........then........we are some of the most wealthy people in the world. I praise God for all our blessings in contentment and relationship. He is soooo good.

No comments: