Thursday, December 11, 2008

Peggy Sue Gets Packed

We had to hitch up Peggy Sue this morning. No, Peggy Sue isn't our horse and we aren't Amish. That is a fact for which I am particularly happy with in this cold weather. Peggy Sue is our little silver bullet trailer. She needed some wheel bearing packing? Who knows what that means? Certainly not me. So my first order of business today was to guide Ken as he backed up the Durango so he could hitch up to Peggy. It went very well and I was thankful for that, too, since it was cold enough out there to freeze spit before it hit the ground. Off they went, my man and Peggy Sue. They are home now and the wheel bearings have been packed. There is a need for new brakes, though. They are on order. Ken went to the auto parts store and lo and behold they had a book on the parts of an Avion trailer. They took a picture of the part and matched it up. Hopefully, it will be just the right one. It isn't easy to find parts for something almost forty years old. That old gal certainly has had a make over. I hope she feels good about it. We know that we do.

No comments: