Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trying to Hear God

Resolving health issues is such a long and drawn out process these days. I went to the doctor's office for the blood test I was supposed to have drawn today. Now I sit and wait again. Will the numbers still be up? Will they be down? Only God knows. He is certainly testing my faith this time. Last night I had a melt down. We were going to bed and I couldn't lie comfortably because my shoulder muscle is tense and achy because of stress. You would think I had the strength to overcome that but it tenses up every once in a while and more at the end of the day when there has been no obvious progress. When I found no comfortable position I got up and went for the recliner in the family room. It wasn't comfortable either so I switched to the sofa. I started to feel like Goldilocks. By that time I had myself in a state of self pity and panic. I had my daughter call my husband from our bed upstairs. He came down and I melted in his arms with tears and all. Poor guy. Didn't know what hit him. He said he was going to get me something for pain so soon he came with some Tylenol. We both made our way back upstairs and into bed. I was beginning to calm down. The Tylenol kicked in and somewhere along the line, I fell asleep. When I woke very early this morning, the pain was gone for the time being and I was so relaxed. I told Ken I wish I could sleep 24/7 right now until I know what is going to happen with my body. He told me I was listening to the devil. So true. God is my healer and there is nothing more I can do until the healing is complete.

Continue to pray for me. Thanks.

No comments: