Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Challenges on Everyside

This morning was spent in conversation. With many people. Firstly, a wonderful lady from our church came for Bible study. We enjoyed learning more about the Holy Spirit. The rest of this morning was spent on the phone. People calling to check on my progress. I don't think this thing has turned around yet but I do feel better than I did yesterday. It is so difficult for me to divide the physical from the emotional. The unknown carries with it a lot of fear. That is where I'm at. I don't know how we can accomplish opposing goals. My counselor friend told me that when we have come to an impasse, we have to have faith in a God that sees many more options than what we see. There is solution.....God just hasn't revealed it yet. Continue to pray for me, please.

My daughter called from Chicago. She had gotten her biological nephew from the airport yesterday. He is all of eleven years old and Jennifer's Korean brother wanted to send the young man here to learn the language and the culture. You have to know Jennifer in order to understand what a stretch this is for her. She is in midlife and has not had chick or child to be responsible for. Her call was more like a plea, "Mom, what do I do?" I asked what the problem was. She said it is eleven o'clock and he is still sleeping. I told her that was completely expected since he is adjusting to the huge change of time plus he is exhausted from the trip. I think they call that "jet lag". I told her to expect adjustment to take three or four days and up to a week. She wasn't real happy with that forecast. We decided to wait until noon and then she should awaken him and explain that he needs to be up awhile today so that he can sleep tonight. I called her back around one o'clock and all was well. The little guy had awakened and eaten some lunch. Now she was teaching him Suduko. I think Jennifer is a bit overwhelmed at this point but enjoying it all at the same time. She still hasn't figured out how she is going to go to work. Jennifer's bio brother who is also our son is in Cancun right now and won't return until next week. I have a feeling Jennifer will be more than happy to bring the little kid to her brother. At least Joshua's wife doesn't work out of the house so there would be someone there to care for him. All in all, this two month visit could get to be rather long. I'm also wondering how long it will be before the nephew gets homesick. Ach....we will see.

No comments: