Monday, December 15, 2008

C_O_L_D

Brrrrrrr. Fifty degrees yesterday and one degree this morning. Talk about cold. I had to go out this morning and help my husband line up the Durango to Peggy Sue. She is to get new brakes this morning. So I had to brave the frigid cold for a few minutes. Fortunately, the hitching up went well and I didn't have to stand out there too long.

The phone rang early today and I told Ken just to let it ring. I shouldn't have done that but I thought it was school asking me to work today and I wasn't interested. A few minutes later, my daughter came into our room and said there was a two hour school delay. A short time later the phone rang again and it was the welcomed news that school is cancelled for today. I say "welcomed news" because all my grandchildren that go to school here had merriment on their faces when they learned they could veg out today. They won't be quite so excited when they have to make it up in the spring.

I can feel the outside cold as I sit here. My hands are freezing...I think it is time to turn up the heat a bit. You folks that live in warmer climates are blessed. I hate these cold days. If it wasn't for the relationship we have with the people in this area we would be out of here. But how does one leave their parents when they are elderly? How does one leave all the networking that has been built over the years? Because we have lived here for years, we know whom to go to with our taxes, who the best mechanics are, who is honest and who is not. The list could go on and on. There are advantages to living in one community for a life time.

God tells us in his word that the very place we live has been ordained by Him. How then do I dare to complain?

No comments: