Monday, January 12, 2009

Plan B

Well, it is Monday morning, the day I was supposed to have lost at least eight pounds. Twelve ounces is all the scale shows on its downward spiral. The doctor told me on Wednes day that if it didn't happen he had other tricks up his sleeve. Dear God, I hope those are answers and not tricks. I called and spoke with his nurse this morning. She was surprised success was not had. She told me she would report to the doctor and they would call back. I expected to wait all day as I sat with the phone in my hand carrying it from place to place. She already checked with the doctor and he is starting plan B. He prescribed a different type of diuretic to jump start the one my body isn't paying much attention to any longer. This I will take for five days. All my faithful prayer warriors who read this blog are called to pray for this new drug to break down the resistance to freeing me from the fluid stuck in my body. Lord God, show me new mercies today.



I watched President Bush's exit press conference this morning. I saw a man that believes with all he is that he made decisions based on the good of the America people. I also saw a man that has aged many years over the last four. He looked tired and ready to exit the territory. I look forward for Laura and George to be able to share that morning cup of coffee together a week from Wednesday in Crawford. Bush is right when he says that Obama has yet to feel the burden of the office. As I've said before, one can promise the world when he/she hasn't sat in on those daily national sercurity meetings. My prayer is that God will guide Obama to fulfill His will for America. Show America your mercies too Lord. And lest we forget....thank you for all the blessings we have received over the many years of our freedom. You are the only true God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack and I will continue to pray for your renewed strength. We also pray that this new diuretic is the answer to this ongoing issue. Wish we were there to be of more support. We love you dearly and ask God for His healing hand to be upon you.

Anonymous said...

Jack and I will continue to pray for your renewed strength. We also pray that this new diuretic is the answer to this ongoing issue. Wish we were there to be of more support. We love you dearly and ask God for His healing hand to be upon you.