Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's New?

So, what's new? I've been out of the loop so long I have no idea what is going on around my world. I have had no desire to be out and about. Home is so safe, isn't it? I have watched other people go through this sort of thing and would be clueless as to why they were so attached to their own four walls. I guess one has to walk the walk before understanding comes. Believe me, it is not my biggest aspiration. I look forward to returning to the land of the living. My poor husband has been so patient. One of the things that drew me to Ken when we were nineteen and twenty was the way he would greet me. His face was always lit up like a Christmas tree. That smile has still not worn out. Each time he comes in the door, the first thing he does is call out, Hello. That helps him figure out where I am. Then he searches me out and greets me with that same warm, everything is going to be alright smile. Those times I have been super sad, I found him hovering. I would hear him coming down the hall just to check on me. Again, the big smile would flash before me. I thank God for him. He truly has been my confidant, my encourager, my delight. For years and years I prided (yes prided) myself in the fact that I was a much more serious person than he was. He seemed to always have fun no matter what the circumstances. God has shown me a thing or two. Ken had it right all the time. I spent my time reasoning in my own strength and getting nowhere good. So even though I don't know what is going on around me I am learning what is going on in me. It's taken some humility but the truth is worth it.

No comments: