Friday, January 9, 2009

Rod Blagojevich ...

Well, our neighbor state's governor is now impeached. I used to think that was ousted but nothing is further from the truth. It is the beginning step of attempting to remove Blagojevich from office against his will. If I now understand it correctly, it is a vote taken by the legislative body that says, "Yes, there is something to be looked at here. He is up for some questioning." So a trial will take place in the legislature. As in all political processes, there are steps that are taken so that everything is thought out and not done in haste. In Rod's case, I say the man is either made of steel or he is the biggest liar around. I think what's happening in the Burris case is interesting as well. At first, Reps and Dems alike were quick to denounce his appointment. No way would he serve. I have listened to the talk get less negative. Barrack seems to be soft peddling that one and so those around him will fall in line behind him like a brood of baby ducks. Politics is an arena where anything can be expected and if you don't like how the wind is blowing today.....just wait a day or two and you may be happier. I know we need Christians in that field but I'm not sure how a Christian could survive it. It would be divine help for sure. In my own heart and mind I find a bit of sorrow over those that we place into office with faith in their integrity, only to be fooled one more time. I'm not quite sure why we listen to all their campaign promises. They could be termed campaign bologny. Power and privilege can be obstacles to good intention.

No comments: