Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jan's Faith

Yesterday began as a mild day. My friend Jan from church came for her seventh of eight study lessons in preperation for becoming a member of church. We have had a delightful time sharing our faith, our joys and our struggles. Before she left I shared with her that I told the Lord earlier that I need sunshine right now and there didn't look there would be any so I asked Him to be my sunshine as well as my sonshine for the day. Jan looked at me and said, "Let's pray for sunshine today". I encouraged her to go ahead and pray. She beautifully told the Lord that my emotions needed to see the sun.

After lunch I sat in the chair and for the first time since I've been sick, was relaxed enough to dose off. When I woke up, I was facing the north but I saw shadows on the houses across the street. I couldn't believe it. The sun was shining! I got up quickly and spent the rest of the day in the sun room and let the good ole sun bake onto me. Thank you Lord for sunshine and for Jan's faith that believed You would send me sun.

Today the sun is shining brightly and the temps are in the fifties with the promise of sixty or more. I plan to get outside a bit today and savor the early spring air.

My husband is already home from town which is earlier than usual. Yesterday was his first golf outing of the year. Normally, I'm happy to see him go but with my need for his presence, I thought, ugh, one more day without him. So, I guess he is making up for it today. I love having him around these days.

No comments: