Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Week that Is

Good Morning. Sometime it takes a long time to get something one longs for with all their heart. I have not been able to sleep a full night's sleep for a couple of months. I have a sleep aid from the doctor and it would give me six hours and the rest of the night I tossed to and fro.

Last night, I slept six hours, woke up to do my thing, if you know what I mean and then went back to sleep until 7:45. I praise God for that gift. His new mercy to me this morning. Sleep is such a powerful blessing. It restores mind, , soul and body. I hear of people that struggle with sleeplessness on a continual basis and wonder how they can go on. At any rate, it feels very good to know I had my full nine hours last night.

Last minute preparations are in order for the women's retreat which will be on Saturday. Last week, the ladies that work with all paper products, guest bags, copies of materials we are placing in them name tag etc had a work party nearly every night. We have all decided that name tags can be a bit more simple in the future as the product while cute and pretty takes a tremendous amount of work hours.

Yesterday, the ladies that sort dishes, put up tables and chairs and change table lines and china after breakfast were at church setting up the dishes that will be placed on each of the fifty tables. Ugh. They seem to revel in it but it is something I'm happy not to have on my list. Another group will pick up all the food products we need to prepare 440 hot meals. Others (and some of these overlap) will be bringing things in to add to the decor to complete the eye appeal of our theme and colors. The theme is "Outrageous Joy" and our colors are bright pink and brown. Twill be cute.

My job this year is to show up. Oh, I did all the grunt work in the beginnning and have put hours into preparation that is virtually unseen. But this time, I will still serve as narrator and let the rest of the girls do their thing. I have always felt responsible for every facet. No more. I have a great committee and they can and are pulling it off just fine. God is in every part and parcel, so we go forth with confidence.

No comments: