Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Let's Try Again

Today, I received a letter in the mail from a name I didn't recognize. When I opened the envelope, I was delighted to read that a distant cousin, perhaps second or third, (I haven't sorted out the generations yet) had read one of my blogs and learned we share a grandmother. Amazing. Who would have thunk it? I have cousins in Houston. As she shared the things she was seeking, I realized our book, "Spirit Trained Eyes" would fill in a myriad of blanks for her. It seemed rather bold to call someone I didn't know and ask them to buy one of our books. As I expected she was more than open to the idea and I think rather excited as well. I will try to get a book off to her in the morning. I look forward to future communication with Jacque. Isn't God an awesome God? Yes, he deals in families. I smiled to hear that she and her family honor the God of our heritage.

My dear friend of forty years came around noon today. She always lifts me up. She spruces up areas of my house and just plain talks positively. I love you, Bernice. I always thought it would be me taking care of you since you are seven years my senior. But, now, you take care of me. Thank you.

My youngest brother and wife came late this afternoon. Their neighbor is pulling out blueberry bushes and they are trying to pick ahead of him. They brought us a couple of buckets full. I can't tell you how long it has been since I've had a good sweet berry but these are wonderful. Thanks Jer and Lu.

I've written in my blog prior that our friends' quad daughter was expecting a baby. To say that friends and family were concerned is an understatement. Joni had quite a time with volitile blood pressure through out her pregnancy which landed her in a Chicago hospital a few times. Thank you for your prayers for Jason and Joni and Joni's parents, our dear friends. Joni had a baby girl last week and is now home. The baby is perfectly healthy, Joni had her naturally and is recovering quickly. The whole experience is evidence of God's immense grace.

I ask you to join me in declaring that the healing power of Jesus is at work in my body and that I am getting better every day.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Welcome back Mom! What a beautiful pictures of Joni and the baby.