Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Midweek Musings

Those oldy but goody golfers of which my husband is a part seem so lucky with the weather on their golf days. Ken left in the rain this morning fully confident the clouds would dissipate and golf would go on. Soon after he left, the sun came out and while it has clouded up a few times, it is still perfect golfing weather. I would think it is time for him to return to the roost about now. The golf bug has bit him hard.

This morning, I made the rounds. First I went to daughter, Lauri's, and ate a bagel with her. Her husband has vacation this week and the four kids are at their other grandparents in Michigan so visiting with the two adults is a treat.

From there I went around the subdivision to Joni's and Jason's house. I wanted to see that baby with my own eyes. She is just beautiful......full head of dark hair and little doll face. Joni asked if I wanted to hold her and while I will in the future, I just couldn't bring myself to interrupt the baby lying face down on her mommy's chest. Joni will not be able to handle the baby as easily when she gets more mobile so I told her I'd come back another time. Joni looked wonderful. Jason was pooped. There was a care taker for Joni there so I told Jay he should sidle up next to Joni and take a power nap. I believe he was going to do that.

After seeing the miracle baby, I stopped at my dad and Mary's house. We visited awhile and then Mary invited me to stay for lunch. Mary and Dad have been married 31 years. God couldn't have given Dad a better helpmeet after my mother's death. She is a jewel and takes excellent care of my dad. We dearly love her and credit her with much of my dad's zest for life and his health. Of course, God is the source but Mary has cooperated with Him to the best of her ability. If one could see how hard they work and how much good food they consume, one would agree. Last evening Mary canned 11 quarts of pickled beets from their garden. Yikes. I wish I had that energy. At any rate, Mary served us cooked baby carrots, fresh green beans, new pickled beets, tomatoes from their garden, and fresh blue berries. I think I got my veggies for the day. They ate some pork which is not my favorite so I politely declined. I sure did enjoy the rest of it though.

Dad was more than a little interested in the letter from the long lost cousin of yesterday. He had all kinds of questions which I couldn't answer so I invited him to our house sometime soon to put in a three way call to Jackie. Jackie, if you are interested in such an arrangement, let me know when would be a good time. BTW, your book is in the mail.

The golfer is finally home so I will post this and visit with my man.

No comments: