Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday and Sunday

God gave me strength to travel three hours to and from Milwaukee for my niece's wedding. We were all a bit hesitant about the wisdom in having a wedding at this point. I am so glad we went. My niece looked "beautiful"and her husband worked very hard to carry out the meal. It was all very good and nicely done. The occasion was in a lovely park. Though the temps were hot, we were under trees and a nice pavilion and the breeze kept us comfortable.

The minister and his wife got lost (we did too) they arrived right on time. Delightful people. I plan to continue the discussions we began yesterday. Only with God centered people can we meet and share for fifteen minutes and love occur between you. I loved them both. I'd love to attend their church some time. I know that an African American church would be a shock to my spiritual upbringing, God has brought me full circle from the type of racism I felt during the time I was raised. As a teenager,I worked at the Gary fruit and veggie market. We left at four in the morning and had so many races that came for our wares. I remember not being able to recall what color or what nationality the person was whom I just waited on. Thank God for truth and a growth in love and acceptability. I love you Donald and Thiersa. Thanks for sharing the person of Christ with us.

Today we were privileged to enjoy a return of a former minister of Community along with his dear wife. What a joy. I enjoyed the hugs that are familiar with them. I enjoyed Don on the pulpit again. Didn't use a note and preached the word from his relationship with 'God. Sometimes there isn't enough time in life to manage our dearest relationships. Don and Donna are special people.

Later, we called our daughter, Scarlen, her girl friend, Lynette, and our grandson Isaiah. "Do you guys want to meet us at DQ?" "IS Dad going to pay? Yes Baby, Dad will pay. We had such a nice time. The kids only wanted cones so the price was indeed cheap for an hour with those we love. We shared many chuckles. It was last Sunday that Isaiah collapsed in the parking lot. We enjoyed talking about those that helped us. Oh yea, we still had a laugh as we recalled that Scarlen turned to someone as she held her baby's head in her lap and yelled, "Get my Mommy." I told Lynette she has called me much worse things in her growing up years, which seemed as if they lasted forever. I love to hear her call me "mommy". We also praised God for seeing that Isaiah was well and just passed out. We also praise God for a daughter that has come full circle. Adoption is not for sissies but it is a wonderful faith builder to see God perform a miracle. Even when it takes twenty years.

Enough for today. Blessings for a great week.

No comments: