Monday, August 17, 2009

A New Beginning

This morning I was at De Motte Christian School for opening chapel at eight thirty. DMC is where my brothers and sister and I got our elementary education. I love what it did for my kids and now what it is doing for my grandchildren, all five that attend there. I know the kids love to see there grandma sitting in the chairs below their bleachers. Ethan was all smiles. My eighth graders seemed to enjoy being king and queen of the hill this year. Someone was sitting in front of my sixth grader . All I could see was her beautiful blonde straight and shiny hairWhen I walked to the car I laughed at myself. I left my purse with wallet and phone in it on the front seat in plain sight and hadn't locked the door. I guess

After the chapel I visited my friend, Joyce, who said she had to get to Kohl's before her 30% coupon expired. My friend does not do things unplanned. I do little that I plan ahead for. So we talked it over and she decided she would take my offer and let me take her. She needed clothes for a wedding. We spent adequate time at Kohl's and both found bargains.

Then we went to Taco Bell for a double decker supreme. Yum. Then on to Starbucks for a smoothie. Yum again. We left for home and found I-65 backed up everywhere. It cured me from taking it again. I most often take the back roads but somehow thought it would be okay to a certain exit. Not so. An unepected accident. What we found was that ALL south bound traffic was being routed off at our exit. UGH. We took more back roads all the way to town and then through town as well.

The wisdom I learned today was to use my patience and not listen to my tendency to want to make it fast.

No comments: