Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rain and the Lack Thereof

As we drove to our daughter's birthday's imprompto birthday celebration last evening, the heaven's open for a short time and it rained really hard. I clapped my hands and said, "Yea God, thank you so much". Ken echoed, "Amen." The crops are hurting badly. There are places where the plants are so dried up, they are stunted, brown and hanging with yellow leaves. The corn leaves looks like ithey have turned in on themselves. It is very sad to watch. My brother walked a corn field owned by my dad and said he didn't see an ear of corn. Makes me sick. Like my oldest daughter said upon hearing this news, "it is always weird to me that someone would really WANT to be a farmer." There is 90% farmer in my dad and brother.

We had a mildly stormy nght and had a 1/2 inch of rain. Makes for happier farmers.


Yesterday morning I did the whole laundry. That may not sound like much but for us, it was a big milestone. Then we went to Merrillville to do big grocery shopping. It was a huge day for me and I was exhausted. That may suggest why I still sleeping at noon today.

No comments: