Friday, August 21, 2009

Sun and Skin

I took the opportunity to go to Lauri's around noon, hoping we could put a lunch together. I brought some garlic hummus (Lauri's favorite food). We took a few tortilla shells and sprayed them with a bit of oil then put them in the oven. They got toasty brown and crisp. We broke it into pieces and scooped the hummus with them. It was very good. Son in law, Elton, had made some salsa so we had some of that too. Yummy stuff. I finished my meal off with a white flesh peach, I love what flesh peaches.

The rest of the day I just plunked around at things here in the house. If I could have done what I wanted to do, I would have driven to Kendra for her last free day of summer. She starts school on Monday. One would be crazy as a loon to try to drive back and forth to Algonquin on a Friday. Soooooooo, maybe next year.


Yesterday I visited a dermotologist. I had to look one up on line since I didn't know of anyone in general area at this point. My one request was that it had to be a female. My experience with male dermotologist is negative. Horrible bedside manner. I found a PA within a group in Merrillville who just happened to have a cancellation yesterday afternoon. I have been treatinga spot on my nose with a cream given by my primary physician for over a year. A month ago it looked so good, I stopped the cream. It erupted. Scared me. Dr. Heather looked at it for two seconds and said, these are precancerous and are caused by exposure to the sun before age twenty. Well, of course, we didn't have sunscreen then. She took a long swap on a stick and froze it with instructions to follow up in six months with the comfort that these things do come back, :)

No comments: