Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pray for Our Pam (Niece)

The day is strange. Cloud cover part of the time, then suddenly bright and sunny skies. I prefer the later but I understand rain is forecast for the day sometime.

Is there anyone else out there that has a terrible time keeping the kitchen table free of papers and meer junk? I suppose others use a cabinet top or some other place. I no more than get the thing cleared off and Ken comes in with the mail. You know where that goes. A little pile of this and a little pile of that. So frustrating to me. He accuses me of throwing away the paper before the ink is dry. Ugh. I hate newpaper lying around. So I wait until morning and find sheer joy in dumping the thing in the garbage. No, Julia, I don't recycle. I know, a black mark behind my name. Then by mid morning the new paper comes and finds its place on the table....and so it goes. I'm looking at my table....there are things I need to put away.

My niece was diagnosed with a brain tumor this week. She is 37 or 38 and has a husband and three beautiful little girls. The latest is that the medical team believes the tumor is benign. The surgeon says he can get to it fairly easily. So Friday morning at seven thirty, remember our Pam in your prayers. They will do the surgery then. As my dad said when he called me, "If it isn't two things, it is three." God is faithful. I am so encouraged by the way our family has come to Pam's side in thought and prayer. I smile when I see the closeness of cousins. My dad has always been one to keep us together and I would say his children have followed his lead. We try to all get together once a year. The last two years we went to my brother's house for a fall kind of gathering. He built fires, his wife made pulled chicken, and we had a lovely hay ride after dark when the moon and stars were vivid. Jer pulls us out into fields unknown. He is the best baby brother anyone could have. Love that boy.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

are we doing a reunion this year?