Thursday, September 3, 2009

Usual Wednesday

Where was I yesterday? I was surprised that I didn't blog yesterday. Some days just go by. This morning I woke up comparatively early and was out the door by 8:30. Several new garage sales today. It was such a beautiful morning. I didn't buy much but enjoyed the early fall air. Everyone seemed happy and renewed with this gorgeous weather. Garage sales have regulars so it is like seeing old friends when one meets up there.

After I finished, by 10:00 a.m. I dropped by Lauri's seeking some one on one time. She met me at the door with, "Mackenna is still sick and running a fever." I turned on my heels and said my good byes. It seems those kids are sick often but then there are four of them to pass things around.

I took a break from this and walked around the yard picking unusual things for the vase for my kitchen table. God's amazing creation is overwhelming. After the blossoms are mostly gone, I look for plants with awesome foliage. The sedems are so contributing. So many kinds. Then there are the painter's pallete and other interesting patterns and textures. I placed them in a crystal vase and they are beautiful. Don't under estimate the beauty of folliage.

As I watch the hummers suck their sugar water while hovering, their body part looks like a mouse. I know that isn't so pleasant to think about, but it did remind me of what a resourceful creator we have. He can take one pattern and change it just a bit and walla........a beautiful bird.
God, you are so great and I am so struck by your creative powers. I can't imagine all that ingenuity.

No comments: