Monday, August 27, 2007

Let's Get Some Work Done Today

I slept so good last night. Generally, when morning comes, I've been tossing about already but this morning the sound of the shower woke me and I was startled to see it was 6:30 already. That is Isaiah's magic moment to get up and get ready for school so I entered his room and tried to wake him in the proper and acceptable mode. One morning a few weeks ago, he told me I hadn't even tried. I had spoken too softly and didn't wake him enough. Another time, I had been too loud and it was annoying. My response was, "Okay, you little Poop, I'll fix you, I'll get you an alarm clock of your own and you can get yourself up". I haven't heard anymore complaints but the next time I do....................

I'm experimenting today. I am attempting to make bread bowls for soup. I read on the net that one can use frozen bread dough, cut it in three pieces, form it into a bread bowl shape and bake it. The recipe said it is best to let the baked bowls set out for some time covered with a towel. That way the bread hardens up a bit and makes it easier for it to hold the soup. We shall see. Nothing ventured nothing gained, they say, so all I have to lose is the four bucks it cost to buy the bread dough. There is always a project underway here. Perhaps that is why I feel like I don't get a lot done. I wish the really mundane things would just get done by themselves. I'll have time to do those things today, too, as I wait for the bread to thaw first, then rise, then bake, and then cool and harden.

Kendra just called to say she was on her way to her first day of school. I asked if she was excited and she said she is excited because she feels well this morning. Teaching while sick isn't any fun so it is a good thing that on her first day she is feeling well. Her biggest challenge was deciding what to wear. What is comfortable and what won't make me look fat? Well, the little girl will learn that she isn't fat now. Give it five more months and then she will feel big. Oh the realizations of a first pregnancy.

So, the beds are made, the bread dough is thawing, the husband and kids and grandkid are off to school and I have the run of my own house. I can't tell you how good that feels. That is when I can accomplish the most work. So here I go..............

No comments: