Saturday, September 29, 2007

God Has A Better Plan-Always

The arm is working better today. One wonders what gets into these body parts so unexpectedly and causes disruption. I'm grateful that I'm able to use the troubled limb more effectively today. Praise God for healing.

Yesterday brought a few changes to plans. When we visited the dairy adventure, we spoke with the general manager who explained she didn't have the calendar but thought there was no problem with securing the the date we desired to rent the room offerred. So I called the "official scheduling person" yesterday morning and learned that all of October was filled and we couldn't get that room for our shower. While it doesn't change where the men and the kids will spend their time, it did change things for us. This added some unnecessary stress for Lauri and me as our time was already filled to the brim. I told Lauri that God had a greater plan we just didn't know about yet. We conceded that one of us would probably have the shower at our home. Both were willing but 40 people in a home isn't easy and having a shower at a home where there are a number of guests is even a greater challenge. Lauri called a friend and lamented. The friend posed a couple of suggestions. One of them was the Fairchild House in our own little town. Many cities have many beautiful old homes but ours has only one. The town bought it several years ago to preserve the history and beauty. I recall visiting the owner of the house, Chairty Mae Fairchild, along with my grandmother when I was perhaps seven or eight years old. I remember a breakfast booth in the corner of the kitchen. It was the first time I had seen something like that and the sight of it has stayed with me all these years. All the years since that time my heart was warmed when I drove by that house. I had not visited the house since the town purchased it and wasn't aware they rented the facilites. Lauri and I called the lady in charge and she agreed to meet us there to view the place and show us what was available. What we found was a delight. The town has done a great job of retaining the beauty of this old two story brick home. (the breakfast booth was already gone with the town purchased it :( It has a large entry with a wooden staircase in view, a wonderful living room with large stone fireplace, and all the ammenities we need for hostessing a comfortable party. We were delighted. We signed on the dotted line and are now making mental notes on how we can even add to the charm. It will be great fun. I knew God had some solution that would tickle our fancy. I praise Him for the way He delights me each day.

Our card making venture was toilsome for the most part. That perspective probably had something to do with the pain I had in my arm. By the end of the afternoon things were coming together and one could see light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously, the joy in visitng with a couple of great gals was delightful, but making 225 cards in an afternoon is a big row to hoe. We will finish them today. I told Lauri to call when they were ready to begin again. Barb said it would be after they had made coffee. The most enjoyment I had was listening to these young gals discuss their designing options. Perhaps this or perhaps that or maybe something else. Another "smile" for me was when they talk about paper using their brand names. I could have hooted over that. It was like someone saying they liked Coach. I would understand that is a purse but I did not understand the names they used to mean paper. They are all big scrap booking enthusiasts so they are in the "know" about paper.

Speaking of purses. Barb arrived carrying a black purse with cute black and white polka dot ribbon trim. When I complimented her purse she said, "Thank you, it is one of two seatbelt purses I have". WHAT? She explained that some company is making purses out of seat belts. The belts are woven together to form the sides of the purse. It is quite beautiful and who would have thunk it? My dad refuses to use seatbelts so we thought it would be humorous to buy his wife a seatbelt purse. She could invent quite a spin about why the seat belt became her purse.

No comments: