Friday, November 9, 2007

Grandparent's Day

Yes, it is late on the ninth of November. One of my friends already reminded me that I haven't blogged today. It was a busy one. I was at DeMotte Christian School by 8:00 a.m. It was the biggest day of the year for our grandkids. It is called Grandparent's Day and they love it. My daughter said when she woke Mackenna up this morning she jumped out of bed with excitement and said, "It's Grandparent's Day!" This was my first relaxed Grandparent's Day. Prior to this one, I flew to school around 8:30 after I had worked an hour at the school where I was employed. Then I hurried back with the guilt of having been gone for a few hours. Today, it was pure joy. I loved it. We have five grandchildren at DMC. They range from first to eighth grade. We have two in sixth and one in fourth. After the morning chapel program, which was wonderful, I visited each of their classrooms. Each classroom was as happy as the other. There were smiles everywhere today and seemingly not a care in the world. Special days do that. They take the attention off the mundane or negative and on to the positive. Grandparent's Day is all about love. Love between the generations. When eleven thirty arrived, it was time to go home for the day. Because the kids had a half day they could go home with Grandma. When I turned the way to go to town they all knew what was up. Grandma was taking them for some lunch. The majority vote was Subway. Taking five grandchildren anywhere used to be a challenge greater than myself but now that they are getting older, the challenge was out of it and I could enjoy them immensely. We had a wonderful time teasing each other and loving each other. It was a good day. The pictures are on the net by special request. Kids love to see themselves in published pictures. The only picture I wish I had gotten was a picture of Isaiah and me together. He isn't fond of pictures so got out of it by saying, "you don't need one of me, I live with you." All the more a reason to have a picture but we didn't get one.

More blogging tomorrow. Am tired and ready for some rest.

No comments: