Saturday, December 8, 2007

Strange Saturday

This was a very busy Saturday beginning with an eighth grade sponsored breakfast. Waffles and omlets were served and they were yummy. The eighth grade class is working toward earning funds to support their trip to Washington DC in the spring. Our grandaughter, Alex, is one of those in the class. They earned a couple of thousand dollars this morning. Not a bad morning's work.

Lauri, Elton and Alex had to work a couple hour shift so the younger kids came home with us. They played hard outside helping Isaiah build a snow fort he started last evening. They have scooped up nearly all the snow in our back yard. They closed in the frame of the trampoline. I can imagine it is very warm and cozy inside there. Oh to be a kid again.

Our church sponsored an "address your Christmas card" day. There were only a couple of us die hards there but we had a good time. Better than that, my cards are addressed and nearly ready to dump into the mailbox. I spent until four o'clock there and have a bunch of stuff to get ready for tomorrow left to do but true to my early morning energy, I will get up early and get the stuff accomplished in the morning. I'm too weary tonight and beside, like a chicken, I want to roost as soon as it gets dark. It's dark.........

One thing about sitting with people one doesn't know real well, one learns a whole bunch from them. I learned so much about one of the ladies there today and can understand her so much better now. It always helps to get to know the inside of a person.....the things they have experienced and what has formed their opinions. Twas an interesting afternoon.

Tomorrow, we will have about ten people for lunch. I'm not ready yet but I will be. I need some sleep and then I'll be able to knock out what I have left to do in a hurry. It's just the way I work.

No comments: