Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Feeling Weak and Weepy

As I readied to take my shower this morning, I was horrified to notice that I had missed the mark with Clorox spray cleaner when I cleaned the bathroom floor in the main bath in Kendra's house. I bleached a couple of areas of her elegant brown shower curtain. I was so upset with myself and all the frustrated emotions I have tried to keep under lid the last several weeks began to leak out. The worst thing was that once it broke open the lid, I couldn't get the lid back on. All those tears that didn't come when I learned I wasn't with Kendra for the birth of her baby found their way out today. I felt so bad for Kendra. Finally she said, "Mom, you have to shut off the tears, its all you've done today". How's that for a support, uh? I don't mean her to me but me to her.

My problem is that I'm so frustrated because so many of the support group at home are sick with this or that. Lauri has two kids home with the yuk and another went back to school today. Her youngest has a fever so we don't want to spread that around. That means I have to leave Kendra and Emerson here. I guess they will survive but I know how tired both of them will be I'm know how tired I am. (probably another reason the tears flowed today over nothing very serious).

The outcome of it all was that Kendra began to confess things she did to my house when she lived at home. After a few minor confessions she said, "Okay, this one I've never confessed this to anyone. You know that dent in the garage door? I did that when I was wriggling the car out of the driveway one day". For years we wondered how in the world that garage door got den ted. It was fairly new and very to find it dented. Nobody was guilty. Now we know though she asked that I not tell Dad. I told her she didn't have to do all this confessing just to make me feel better. She said, "I know, but I'm feeling better all the time!" Twas kind of funny.

I think I'm over it now but I would like to make a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond to see if I can find a replacement for the shower curtain. It was such a stupid and careless mistake. When I told that to Kendra she reminded me that neither of us are functioning on more than three or four hours of uninterrupted sleep so we are bound to make stupid and careless mistakes.

No comments: