Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Which Is It

Baby had a tough day today. I think she may have reacted to the garlic dressing Kendra had on her salad last night. We didn't give it a second thought, only that by making a homemade dressing we were eating more healthy. Win some and lose some. Emerson has calmed down now after some drops to break up gas and a nice warm gel bag on her tummy. There is silence in the house once again. ecause Oops....maybe I spoke too soon. Kendra is currently reading a book about sleep patterns in babies and just read to me that babies born early have that many weeks more to become sleep adjusted. We both looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. What can one do but deal with it. I did tell her that I hate leaving her alone. She shook her head affirmitively and said I could come back once the retreat is over. We will see what happens as the future unfolds. One thing is sure, we are learning we have to sleep when we have opportunity. The plan tonight is to hit the sack by eight o'clock. Yea, go ahead and laugh...on the other hand...you could come and help us. :)



The bad weather is already hitting...sleet on the windows and snow promised through the night. It will be interesting to see if there is school for Craig in the morning. At the rate of cancelations this year, they could be going through June.



How about the political race? I wonder what your thoughts are. I'm not sure who I will vote for in the primary. I know which side of the aisle will get my vote for president, just not sure at this point where my vote will be the most beneficial for our nation. I will be on the same side of the aisle as Elizabeth from The View come November.



Today is Super Tuesday and Fat Tuesday all in one. If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. I wonder which of these events will get the most attention. I'd like all the followers of Jesus to turn their attention to Him who truly matters and can do more for the nation than any of the leading candidates. Let's rest in His plan for the US. What is that verse again?




2 Chronicles 7:14If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.



In reality, God's reality that is, Fat Tuesday and Super Tuesday pale. After watching television more in the last three weeks than the last three years, it has become more apparant that we as a nation have much to humble ourselves over. Also much to repent of. God have mercy.

No comments: